Power of Attorney
Lasting Power of Attorney or LPA is the putting in place provisions should something happen to you in your lifetime which renders you unable or incapable of making decisions about your life and your assets. The putting in place of lasting power of attorney protects you in such circumstances.
The LPA is a legal document that appoints a person (or solicitor) to represent you and act in your place making decisions on your behalf in the event you lose the ability to do so.
A lasting power of attorney can be used in several scenarios:
- You wish to protect yourself, your requirements and your assets in the event of something occurring rendering you incapable of making decision be that for physical or mental health reasons.
- You are aware that you may become incapacitated and wish to appoint a person (or people) to manage your affairs
- You are unable to physically carry out your affairs and you wish to have another person (or people) manage your affairs for you.
- You are travelling or abroad for an extended period of time and require another person (or people) to manage your affairs while you are away
An LPA can be put in place to cover:
- Your property and financial affairs
- Your health and welfare
Crown Law Solicitors have experienced Lasting Power of Attorney Solicitors who will work with you to put in place and LPA. As with all services at Crown Law Solicitors you will be appointed an expert Solicitor to work on your case who you will have direct access to.
Our experienced lasting power of attorney solicitors will help you understand the full implication of appointing and LPA and will ensure that the process is managed properly and ensure the lasting power of attorney is registered with the office of the Public Guardian.
It is important when making the decision to appoint an LPA that it is correctly completed to avoid any risk of this being challenged at a later date.
Crown Law Solicitors will work with you to ensure that your LPA is drafted properly, that you understand the implication and those you appoint to act as your attorney are also fully aware of their requirements (when appropriate).
Our Fees & Making Contact
We work to a range of fixed fees and where those are not possible we will provide you with a very clear and transparent fee quotation which will ensure you are fully aware of the fees you need to pay, to who and when.